This Page

has been moved to new address

I pity the fool!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
/* Primary layout */ body { margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0; text-align: left; color: #554; background: #692 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/outerwrap.gif) top center repeat-y; font: Trebuchet;serif } img { border: 0; display: block; } /* Wrapper */ #wrapper { margin: 0 auto; padding: 0; border: 0; width: 692px; text-align: seft; background: #fff url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/innerwrap.gif) top right repeat-y; font-size:80%; } /* Header */ #blog-header { color: #ffe; background: #8b2 url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/headbotborder.gif) bottom left repeat-x; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0 0 15px 0; border: 0; } #blog-header h1 { font-size: 24px; text-align: left; padding: 15px 20px 0 20px; margin: 0; background-image: url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/topper.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: top left; } #blog-header p { font-size: 110%; text-align: left; padding: 3px 20px 10px 20px; margin: 0; line-height:140%; } /* Inner layout */ #content { padding: 0 20px; } #main { width: 400px; float: left; } #sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } /* Bottom layout */ Blogroll Me! #footer { clear: left; margin: 0; padding: 0 20px; border: 0; text-align: left; border-top: 1px solid #f9f9f9; background-color: #fdfdfd; } #footer p { text-align: left; margin: 0; padding: 10px 0; font-size: x-small; background-color: transparent; color: #999; } /* Default links */ a:link, a:visited { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } a:hover { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : underline; color: #8b2; background: transparent; } a:active { font-weight : bold; text-decoration : none; color: #692; background: transparent; } /* Typography */ #main p, #sidebar p { line-height: 140%; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 1em; } .post-body { line-height: 140%; } h2, h3, h4, h5 { margin: 25px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } h2 { font-size: large; } h3.post-title { margin-top: 5px; font-size: medium; } ul { margin: 0 0 25px 0; } li { line-height: 160%; } #sidebar ul { padding-left: 10px; padding-top: 3px; } #sidebar ul li { list-style: disc url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/diamond.gif) inside; vertical-align: top; padding: 0; margin: 0; } dl.profile-datablock { margin: 3px 0 5px 0; } dl.profile-datablock dd { line-height: 140%; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #8b2; } #comments { border: 0; border-top: 1px dashed #eed; margin: 10px 0 0 0; padding: 0; } #comments h3 { margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: -10px; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; } #comments dl dt { font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; margin-top: 35px; padding: 1px 0 0 18px; background: transparent url(http://www.blogblog.com/moto_son/commentbug.gif) top left no-repeat; color: #998; } #comments dl dd { padding: 0; margin: 0; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

greenbanner

01 November 2006

I pity the fool!


NABLOPOMO, originally uploaded by shaunaforce.

November 1st. The only month of the year in which I actually like turkey — ravenously like turkey, then tire of it, immediately. The month in which the leaves fall unceremoniously from the trees, after weeks of graceful aging and colors splaying out against the sky. In November, they're just gone. The month of impending winter and the first days of flattened hair after wearing a wool hat all day long.

And this year, it's also National Blog Posting Month, an international insanity of an event, in which hundreds of bloggers agree to post something every single day on their blog.

Wait a minute, I've already been doing that for weeks. Be a part of a community event and feel rewarded for something I've already undertaken on my own? You bet.

You see, writing can be a solitary business. In order to finish writing this book in time for the deadline, I really have to be inside the house for hours at a time by myself. As much as I love doing work in my cozy, plaid-green bathrobe, it can be a little solitary in front of this computer.

(Confession: I'm wearing the Chef's bathrobe, actually. It smells like him. Forgive me — I'm a dopey girl.)

So I am happy to join in on the festivities, posting photographs and waxing poetic about gluten-free food. There will be recipes. There will be ridiculous sentences and mentions of the Chef. (Wait until you see November's menu. Oh!) But mostly, I will be here, writing my heart out, then putting it into the ether for you to read.

Thank you, M. Kennedy, over at Fussy, for organizing this. Good luck keeping up!

7 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, too, eh? I haven't been posting every day, and decided to use NaBloPoMo as a self-inflicted kick in the pants. So far, so good.

Are you still spending late afternoons at Caffe Fiore?

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog... so glad to know that I am not alone in my gluten-induced sleep-a-thons (complete with headache, achiness, etc.). Last time I had it bad I was- ironically- at a DAN (Defeat Autism Now) conference, hearing about the effects of gluten. Of course I left and spent the rest of the weekend in bed, wondering how these gluten-sensitive kids with autism get through the day...

Anyone have ideas as to how to make the sleepies get through the system faster?

having a marvelously GF night in Seattle... hope you are, too!

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using NaBloPoMo to kick start my writing, I should add it to my Gluten Free MappyB blog as well as just my personal one...

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Kimberly,

Yay for self-induced kicks in the pants. I loved the piece you wrote about your house, the neighbor. Keep at it, my dear. And yes, Fiore often sees me. we really must organize some coffee time, soon.

Anonymous,

OH, those sleepy times from gluten. I hate them. That feeling of being drugged -- it just feels rotten. I found that A LOT of water helps. Clear teas. Plenty of long walks, even though I am tired. The Chef knows to push me, if it happens. Also, sometimes I just accept it and sleep.

Mappyb,

You, add your gluten-free blog! I want to see more!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Rachael Narins said...

I had no idea such an "event" existed (I put event in quotes to question its event-osity)

I am personally overjoyed you have been posting so much lately...so if this keeps you motivated, I say, YIPEE!

xoxox
Rachael

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger s'kat said...

I've been loving the deliriously happy, machine-gun fast tone of your postings lately, no Mr-T references necessary! Keep it up!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Rachael,

Thank you, my dear. These days, I'm supercharged with writing and posting. We'll see how I last, but it's hard to resist when you come over and put up comments!

S'kat,

Oh, so good to hear! I'm also enjoying these rapid-fire posts, because I have to be a bit more deliberate with the rest of the writing, all day long. In the end, I love them both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home